CA Glue

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 19:02:04 -0500

CA Glue is the perfect glue for exploded-hammer felt repair.

I do not use the spray bottle for accelerator because more
than twice it has failed to spray. I now keep it in a thin-nozzle hypo oiler.
Besides, I don't want to be spraying that stuff into the air I'm breathing.

Do not rest the tip on the glue, either; but rather drip a drop on the area
alongside.

If you do not want the white-ish effect which sometimes occurs, Craig Brougher
has mentioned an alternative method. Place a piece of sponge in a hypo-oiler
or squeese bottle and add enough to soak the sponge.  The fumes will
accelerate
the set without creating the clouding effect. Susan Kline mentioned also to
blow
on the area and the moisture in your breath will act as an accelerator w/o
cloudiness.

CA glue of all viscosities is available from Mohawk. A quart of accelerator
is $30.
I'm looking for alternative accelerators.
Watch out though, I tried to be frugal and ordered 8oz (thin) for $30.
It turned out that if I ordered 4/2oz it would have been $28.  Don't it
tighten your jaw?

It's always something,

Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)