voicing

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 17:06:45 EST

<<
 Piano is a Baldwin Acrosonic.  Probably about 5 or 6 yrs old.

 Tonight she told me that the tone was becoming unpleasantly bright or
 harsh.  She resorted to putting some pillows behind it, because as some of
 her better students played, it would become almost painful.

 Is mere voicing going to help here, or should I do something else.  I have
 considered the Woolite treatment, which I have never used before, but am
 willing to try.

Maybe the key word is that this teacher is using a Baldwin Acrosonic as her
teaching piano.  Now, I have always considered this the finest Spinet I have
ever encountered-but it is, nevertheless, a Spinet with limited tonal
possibilities.

Try the Woolite treatment-it has worked for me (also might try fabric
softener-non fragranced).  But remember:we are not dealing with a Grand piano
of any note-just a very fine Spinet.

Bob Bergantino,RPT
Cleveland, Ohio