voicing

Ed Carwithen musicman@eoni.com
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 22:13:24 -0800

Help Please!!

One of my piano clients is a piano teacher, and rather particular about her
piano.  So far I have been able to keep her satisfied, and I would like to
continue.  I tuned her piano in August, no problem, but I noticed that the
tone was quite bright.  I voiced the center section of the piano, and felt
that the tone was much more acceptable, and she agreed.

Piano is a Baldwin Acrosonic.  Probably about 5 or 6 yrs old.

Tonight she told me that the tone was becoming unpleasantly bright or
harsh.  She resorted to putting some pillows behind it, because as some of
her better students played, it would become almost painful.

Is mere voicing going to help here, or should I do something else.  I have
considered the Woolite treatment, which I have never used before, but am
willing to try.

What do you think???

Ed Carwithen
John Day, OR