Winter Console Hammer Delima

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 04:51:13 EST

<<
 I was tuning a Winter & Co. Console for a new customer today, and noticed
that
 the felt on three or four hammers in a row was coming unglued... it's like
 someone took a knife and and started seperating the wood from the felt at the
 top of the hammer. It doesn't quite go straight through, but it hinders the
 sound.  Should I glue back the felt or replace the hammer heads completely??

Jonathon:

Once this appears on several hammers, you can probably count on more and more
hammers coming unglued.  Though most Winter pianos are not worth investing
much into, I would suggest new hammers-if the customer and the piano can come
to terms with that kind of expense.  If not, attempt using CA glue with an
accelerator.
This has worked for me-but again,expect more felts to come unglued in the
future.

Bob Bergantino,RPT
Cleveland, Ohio