Winter Console Hammer Delima

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 21:58:20 EST

<< I was tuning a Winter & Co. Console for a new customer today, and noticed
that
 the felt on three or four hammers in a row was coming unglued... it's like
 someone took a knife and and started seperating the wood from the felt at the
 top of the hammer. It doesn't quite go straight through, but it hinders the
 sound.  Should I glue back the felt or replace the hammer heads completely??

 Thanks,
 Jonathan Hoover >>

Use some super glue, and try gluing the hammer felt back in place. If it comes
loose again, you might need to replace the hammer.  Even with super glue,
however, you will need to either clamp the felt in place and hold it for about
10 minutes, or tie some string around it, and leave it there.

Willem Blees