Everett

Carl Root rootfamily@erols.com
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 09:41:05 -0400

FRED W TREMPER wrote:
> While tuning an older Everett vertical (no serial number but pre-Yamaha),
> the lower run of tuning pins were loose, almost to the point of uselessness.

Hi Fred,

The bottom row of pins are loose because a lubricant was used to drive
the pressure bar screws and the 'creep' was much greater than expected.
Some pianos went back to the factory under warrantee.  Others were dealt
with in the field using a variety of standard solutions - oversize pins,
shims, epoxy, etc..

Since the pinblock is solid, I would think that veneer or sandpaper
shims with a new 2/0 pin might be best.  I don't remember what the
official factory 'solution' was.

Carl Root, RPT