Friction and Balance pins

Ricard de La Rosa ricard@propiano.com
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 00:41:46 -0500

GO WITH THE FLOW:

Merely buy the Yamaha Key Easing Tool (combination for fronts and centers) and
then slip on enough cloth and paper punchings to "regulate the depth of insertion"
regarding the balance rail hole easement. After you test "size" one or two, you
can zip through the entire set knowing your pre determined setting will be safe
for all.   An entire set can be done (eased that is) in about 10 minutes.  The
results are absolutely uniform, and perfectly graduated to the degree required to
make the balance rail pin fit perfectly.

The tool blade is naturally tapered and oblique in shape, so wood is pressed more
to the side if one prefers, though a turning motion is the most practical,
reliable and uniform, giving all sides a dose of the required medicine.

It has been working for me now for about 25 years.

Yamaha tools are fantastic additions to one's kit.  Buy as many as you can
afford.  Naturally, they work beautifully on S & S which is my main victim.

Ricard de La Rosa
PRO PIANO