Friction

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 16:55:10 +0000

Before any easing or lubrication, remove the stack and keys and
clean and polish keypins with something like Brasso or Flitz
(which might be superior).  Then spray with a teflon lube or I
like the Protek in the pump bottle.  At that point a drop of
Protek on the keybushings and ease the keys.

David ilvedson

> From:          "ROGERIO CUNHA" <rogeriocunha@openlink.com.br>
> To:            "Pianotech Mensagem" <pianotech@ptg.org>
> Subject:       Friction
> Date:          Thu, 12 Nov 1998 20:27:04 -0200

> To the list
> I am regulating a grand action where there are very much friction and I
> detected that the great of this friction is on the balance rail pins. What
> is the better product in order to lubricate this pins?
> There are another good thing to do?

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA
ilvey@jps.net