strings o spinet

Wed, 11 Nov 1998 14:49:28 -0800

Frank,

An additional thought on this problem.

I use a 7/0 tuning pin with a slot the width of the
diameter of the hole cut from the hole to the top of the
pin.  By putting the standing end of the wire into the hole,
then wrapping your coils, and then slimply slipping the
completed coil off of the pin, you can, with minimum practice,
make pretty good beckets/etc, even in relatively tight
places without making yourself too crazy.

This works well not only for situations such as what you have
described, but also for general stringing in tight spots, and
bass strings in general.

At 12:46 PM 11/11/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>Again, I really do appreciate your help.  It's these stupid problems
>that seem obvious to others that seem to throw me.

The purpose of the list is for each of us to contribute where we can.
Problems are, hopefully, followed by questions, and the only stupid
ones are the ones we do not ask.

Best.

Horace

Horace Greeley, CNA, MCP, RPT