Thick Rubber Piano Feet reply further

James Grebe pianoman@inlink.com
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 20:14:18 -0600

Of course I could glue on rubber on the bottom of my HHCC's instead of the
felt that I use.
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G
pianoman+AEA-inlink.com
Creator of Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups and Practical Piano Peripherals in
St. Louis, MO
-----Original Message-----
From: James Grebe +ADw-pianoman+AEA-inlink.com+AD4-
To: pianotech+AEA-ptg.org +ADw-pianotech+AEA-ptg.org+AD4-
Date: Tuesday, November 10, 1998 6:38 AM
Subject: Re: Thick Rubber Piano Feet reply

+AD4-Hi ,
+AD4-I think I have seen the rubber cups long ago somewhere but I don't remember
+AD4-where.  I only build them out of hardwood.  Sorry I can't help you.
+AD4-James Grebe
+AD4-R.P.T. of the P.T.G
+AD4-pianoman+AEA-inlink.com
+AD4-Creator of Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups and Practical Piano Peripherals in
+AD4-St. Louis, MO
+AD4------Original Message-----
+AD4-From: Ricard de La Rosa +ADw-ricard+AEA-propiano.com+AD4-
+AD4-To: pianotech+AEA-ptg.org +ADw-pianotech+AEA-ptg.org+AD4-
+AD4-Date: Monday, November 09, 1998 6:46 AM
+AD4-Subject: Thick Rubber Piano Feet
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4APg-Dear James:
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg-As you probably know, in the major metropolitan centers, grand pianos and
+AD4APg-neighbors who do not particularly appreciate piano music, pose  a problem.
+AD4APg-Pianos are unwelcome in many apartment buildings.
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg-In New York, we have a type of very thick rubber insulater that one uses
+AD4APg-replace the casters on grand pianos.  The supposed purpose is to prevent
+AD4-the
+AD4APg-sound from running through the legs into the floor and down into the
+AD4-apartment
+AD4APg-below.  (We also insulate the bottoms of the soundboard area ...between
the
+AD4APg-struts and everyplace else, with 6+ACI- foam rubber...and other bizarre
+AD4-things).
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg-Do you have or make this type of rubber block?  There is a commercial
+AD4-outfit
+AD4APg-that manufactures such caster replacements, but we have lost track of
them.
+AD4APg-Nowadays, we simply buy big heavy sheets of 2+ACI- rubber and cut them to
+AD4-shape,
+AD4APg-laminating whatever widths are required to duplicate the caster height.
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg-If you alrady make such a contraption, it would be handy.
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg-Thank you,
+AD4APg-