strings o spinet

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 19:28:01 -0400

Hi Frank,
Just use a hook tool, put it below the wire and bear up as you are
tightening.
I have seen one, home made. Just drill a hole through a piece of dowelling,
insert a piece of thick stringing wire, and put a hook on it. Securing the
one end around the dowelling. It will fit in a very small space. The hook on
the end, surprisingly, does not pull straight.
If I haven't explained my meaning properly, I could probably, draw what I
mean and scan it to you. But I am a poor artist.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada