piano tilter (was: Repair truck)

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 10:12:00 -0600 (CST)

>Having the feet extended is probably a good idea:  I had one upright slide
>off the tilter as I was tipping it over............kind of messy, and you
>have to jump out of the way .  Now I make sure the tilter is firmly attached
>to the piano before tilting.

The trick is to pull back on the tilter handle to dig the feet in *before*
you tip the front casters of the piano off the floor. Maintain back pressure
on the tilter handle as the piano tilts back until it makes contact with the
tilter. By then, you're home free. 20 years+ and haven't dropped one yet... yet.

 Ron