YOUR LOCAL ORCHESTRA'S CONCERT PITCH. WHAT IS IT?

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Mon, 09 Nov 1998 11:49:43 -0500

Hi Michael,

At the university we had two, sometimes three pianos to choose from.  At the
State Theatre there was one.  I would voice up or down notes as needed, but
the piano was in good tune, regulation and voice and any other request was
ignored, denied or told to perform on a rented piano.

In actual fact I only had one request for voicing up and I used a clothes
iron set at wool to "press" the strike point.

Many times I said, "Sure I will take care of that, go get changed then come
and check it."  I pulled the fal board off and set it on the stage and then
did nothing but looked busy.  Worked every time.

If you let them they will wear you out.  If you stroke their feathers they
will shut up and do their job, which is to play.

                            Newton