Baldwin L: OK

George Gilliland lgd@epix.net
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 13:44:48 -0400

To follow up on some "voicing" problems I reported earlier. Just to avoid
any dis-information, I just want to let everyone know all the problems were
the result of a very bad tuning. I just had an excellent tuner do an
old-fashioned strip-tuning and some other tweaking here and there in octave
6 and 7, and now it sings its heart out. . . clear as a bell. . . better
than ever. Thanks to the techs who offered their advice.

(Rich, this was Bill Heiser. He worked out great.)

BTW, the previous tuner used a Macintosh PowerBook and a very
impressive-looking software system (don't know the name of the program).
But the results were terrible. Temperament was "all over the place,"
according to second tuner (although there was a rather harsh break in the
weather during the second tuning).

George Gilliland
(lowly musician)

PS: Thanks to all who provided info on Harpsichord kits.

Little Garden Design
134 Broad Street
2nd Floor
Stroudsburg PA 18360