coupled motions

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Sat, 07 Nov 1998 22:09:52 -0700 (MST)

Hi Don:

Were your measurements taken with the listening ear? Or did you tweak
the up or down cents buttons?  Did you use a common weighted keystroke?

That seems to be a lot of variation. I've found it difficult to get
consistent readings without a special key striker. The tones are too
transient. This is why I no longer argue about the accuracy of the RCT
or any other electronic tuning device. There is just too much variation
in the way a note is played or read with the machines.

Jim Coleman, Sr.