Ach, de liber! That's how I feel about Brash Ds

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Sat, 7 Nov 1998 13:36:07 -0600

----------
> From: Ricard de La Rosa <ricard@propiano.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Ach, de liber!   That's how I feel about Brash Ds
> Date: Saturday, November 07, 1998 10:28 AM

 > Dear Richard Moody:
>
> If I could see your smiling face I probably would have found the missive
most
> entertaining.  Without seeing the smile, I merely wondered if you were
talking about
> Leonard Jarret or Jarrod or whatever his name was, and marveled at your
German?

> Who was he, anyway?

Hi Ricard,
	The extent of my German is 3 semesters.  101 all three times. : (   I did
learn (was a Lehrling according to the dict.)  from a German piano tuner,
but was never sure if he was cussing in High German, Low German, or
Yiddish.
	It was fun just for the half sentence to consult a Seven Language dict,
and even more fun to put together the post. Yes I was smiling.
	Now liber isn't in my dict. so it must vulgar, or knowing your passion
for pianos, it might be "lieber" but 'for the love of Pete' not sure is
there is such an expression.  So my German is nothing to marvel about.
	It was Leonard Jared (as in arid) of J-B Piano Co. who flew to Germany
to pick outpianos. In the last years, Grotrian. They were in SF, but moved
to Marin
in the 70's.  Leonard was the consummate technician.  Just visiting him
was humbling, awe inspring, and
highly educational.  I could go on and on.

Richard Moody