Action Handling...oh my aching back

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 20:59:52 EST

Ed T. writes:
>Paul Jensen at 800-BENCHES will sell you an action cradle that is wonderful.
>I own one.  It collapses and saves the back a lot of wear.  It is not cheap
at
>$300+.  Worth every penny if you work on a lot of grands.  I keep it in the
>car and it takes up little space.  It takes about three to four minutes to
set
>up.

    This cradle is probably a little more involved than the dolly I was
describing.  The fold out dolly I posted about is for transport only.  Its
benefits are that in folds into something the size of a New York Times Sunday
edition, and it only requires about 8 to ten seconds to open up!
      Opening it up in front of the filleted, grand du jour is the closest
thing to all those neat, fold-out helicopters and stuff in the James Bond
movies that I have ever seen, and customers NEVER fail to comment on it.
    As to where to get them,  I see them for sale at a high-end camera store
here in Nashville.  If I get the chance, I may go by and see if there is a
distributor number.
Regards,
Ed Foote
(p.s.  I usually work on grand actions at the shop, but when I must do
something in the home or studio, I do it by placing a large dropcloth under
the front of the piano, and then turning the action around backwards in the
action cavity, the front of the keyframe sliding all the way back until it
touches the  una corda lever.)