Unison beats good?

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Fri, 06 Nov 1998 19:28:05 -0600

Hi Ricard,

The "thrust" of the article is that any unison will *draw* one hertz due to
the coupled nature of piano strings. In other words *if* you accept the
article an error of approximately  4 cents on a unison at A4 is not only
acceptable--it is the *best* that can be done by ear alone, without
resorting to using a third note as a *referrance* or *test* interval (e.g.
17th below) . I don't think that many people would agree with that.

At 05:28 PM 11/6/98 -0500, you wrote:
>So Don, what are you adding or describing that Mr. Bremmer did not include or
>misquoted?
>
>We must stop this adversarial relationship with others.

Mr. Bremmer has been passed the olive branch so many times it is almost
unbelieviable. His *very* first visit to the list was critical of freedom
of speech. I hope you are not joining him.

>Ricard de La Rosa
>PRO PIANO

Regards,
"Tuner for the Centre of the Arts"