WD-40

Wim en Debby wim.debby@village.uunet.be
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 23:55:32 +0100

Hi list,
l like to respond on the WD-40 and pennzoil thing. ln my neighberhood there
must be a tuner who uses these things quite often. l must say lm not mad for
that. He made me earn a lot of money cuz of the dammage he causes using
these kind of lubricants in piano-actions. In the first moments after use it
is a kind of wonderoil. BUT... after a while the oil takes dust, the
lubricant gets hard and it makes the centerpins oxidate. The action works
slower and slower just until it get stuck. Than it is my turn to re-new all
the centerpins and clean the bushings. l think that is very sad for the
customer cuz he spends his money twice. Of course l have to admit that my
work needs to be payed. :)
l dont believe in these wonderproducts and l think there is only one way to
fix an action that got stuck and that is the decent "centerwork" (l hope
this is decent english).
Just my point of view.

Wim Vermeyen
Wim's Piano Service