S&S action

Ricard de La Rosa ricard@propiano.com
Fri, 06 Nov 1998 00:29:10 -0500

Ron I am not an expert on the New York stuff, but I have been watching it arrive
with the general properties you desceribed for around SIX years already.

There was a great experimental era on NY Ds in the 86-90 era (after having
enough of their noses rubbed in the goo from comparing them to Hamburg actions)
, when parts were simply Hamburg type. Plain and simple.  Even the keys looked
great, from Kluge...still do on the big boys.   Then, gradulaly that started to
change back to a New York looking assemblage which you described.

The smaller grands that I've had in the past 10 years (NY origin) have all
pretty much had the "bulky looking action parts" with white globs of glue and
the seemingly perfectly fitted action rails.  Could be that you need to sand the
ends a little (where the rail is finished with gold paint) to get the true
picture?

Bye for now,

Ricard de La Rosa
PRO PIANO

PS:  This is sent to you as a mere casual observation, and is not intended to be
misconstrued as biblical in nature.