Key weighting

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Thu, 05 Nov 1998 08:20:21 -0500

Ted,
Jiffy key leads screwed to the rear of the key. Position trials at the ends
to desired touchweight, draw a line. Just for fun, use an equation to figure
the sharp key's lead placement: once you've established natural trials,
measure from the:
b/r hole to the screw hole  (call it)     a
b/r hole to front of key		   b
sharp, b/r hole to front of key	   c
a/b=x/c
solve for "x" and that will be the placement for the screw hole on the sharp.

Recenty done on a Baldwin console with favorable results.

Shoot for a DW of 50 bass (low 50's anyways) and a few gr lighter in the treb.

Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)