Evenings and weekends

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 08:10:12 EST

Rob asks:
>I'd be curious to know what the homeowner gets for that money
      Hmm,  they get the tuning, they get my dependability,  they get the
pedals checked, they get their piano examined for problems, they get their
kids toys back out of the action.  They get the welcome to call me anytime for
advice. They get answers to any questions, and they get my alligience.

>how long on average you stay in the house,
  Visits average 90 minutes, with travel.

>whether
>your price differs when you need to do an extra pull-up pass because >it's
dead of winter

    Very few of my customers need a pitch raise after the first two visits.
We discuss humidity requirements, etc.
   First time customers, with flat pianos usually average $150. That allows me
to clean the insides, inspect, tighten bolts,  and do a pitch raise, level the
worst strings, and etc.  This price also weeds out those that are more
interested in price than quality.
   The vast majority of my customers are professional musicians. Their
standards are higher, and my service is expected to reflect that.  It is only
natural that my prices do too.
Regards,
Ed Foote