Evenings and weekends

Wed, 04 Nov 1998 14:47:49 -0600

Pianotechers,

As a college tech, _all_ my private tunings are nights and weekends, but
when I was much younger, hungrier and self-employed I recall that when
those Sat. tunings got to me, I would give myself "comp time".

As a rule I never did tune on Sundays, but I would put my Sat in the middle
of the week.

Pick a day, draw a line (or a virtual line) down the whole day and write
"ME".  Lift lines at Camelback, Brandywine and Jack Frost were nonexistant
on Tuesdays, and tickets were cheaper.  Greens fees are cheaper, too.

Pick your own pleasure, but stick to your guns when the customers say the
_only_ day you could come is your "off" day.  Since you put your name down
for the day, you can honestly tell them, "I'm sorry, that day is already
booked."

Conrad

Conrad Hoffsommer 	hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College		(319)-387-1204
Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045

Music - Communication that exposes us to the work of great minds that were
dissatisfied by the limits of the spoken language - Martin Tolchin