HT tuning checks

Ricard de La Rosa ricard@propiano.com
Wed, 04 Nov 1998 10:59:28 -0500

Dear Jerry:

Lamentably I am not a theorist, so cannot be perfectly accurate in that
world.  However, my experience is that any check works all the time if you
can "hear it" and if you can compare it to enough of its neighbors
descending and/or ascending to confirm that you have a consistent
progression of beat rates, or absence of beat rates, or whatever lingo one
uses to describe such phenomena.

Hope this helps.

If you hear it, if you hear it similarly and congruously when applying the
same check to its neighbors, it is pretty darn "IN TUNE."

Ricard de La Rosa