HT tuning checks

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 09:44:39 EST

Jerry asks:
>In tuning Major 4th's and 5th's pure, are the M3-M6 and M10-M6 checks
>valid for checking that the interval is pure. That is, testing that
>M3=M6 or M10=M6.

Greetings,
    For pure fifths, the m3-M3 has proven to be a useful test.  Going to the
tenth is, imho, not as necessary for pure intervals as tempered ones.  This
may be just a personal preference.  Actually, my personal pref. is the SAT!
It makes these tunings, (and there are many), as easily provided as ET.
Good luck,
Ed Foote