Drop-action grommets

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 09:25:06 EST

<< Is it possible to install drop-action grommets without removing
 lost-motion adjustment nuts?  I could slice the grommets, but I'm not
 sure they would stay on.

 The adjustment nuts are captive nuts, not really that bad, just a
 thought.
 --

 Frank Cahill >>

I never thought about slicing the grommets, but I think that would not work,
since the grommets do get a lot of use, and they might open up, especially
during warm weather.

I would recommend you remove the nut. I have found that a the tip of your
tuning hammer fits on the nut. Schaff makes a tuning tip that can be attached
to a ratchet. Hardware stores sell a quarter inch adapter that will accept the
tuning tip, and can be used with power a screwdriver. This will make the job a
lot easier.

Willem Blees