What's da Buzz??

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 22:44:59 EST

 Greetings,
>I'll take along a larger
>dowel and a bigger hammer, but it sure would be nice to actually find the
>culprit rather than simply put it on drugs.

Hmm, maybe the lock mechanism?  or is this stretcher attached with metal
brackets at the ends?  I once unscrewed a metal angle-iron attachment on some
unremembered brand and put a thin cardboard punching in between it and the
stretcher. It solved that problem.
      However,  there was no solving the problem the owner had when I billed
for the hour I spent looking for the buzz.  He thought I should just be paid
for the time it took to put that punching in!  I said just pay me what he
thought the job was worth and never call me again.
Regards,
Ed Foote
(who used to be a temperamental sort)