squeak/groan UST-7

Ricard de La Rosa ricard@propiano.com
Mon, 02 Nov 1998 22:16:19 -0500

I have encountered similar problems with a certain  older/larger Kawai
upright with a lot of "metal to metal" parts in the "bottom board" area and
in/around various components of the trap work.

I would say that with the exception of removing every offender and shimming
the metal parts with leather or cloth of some type to prevent "metal to metal
friction", there is not a lot of hope.

Of course, tighten everything you can find...lubricate everything that will
tolerate such service....pray, and suggest and "upgrade."...to another Kawai,
of course.

Ricard de La Rosa