wood filler

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 18:33:47 EST

<<What did you "stain" the joint compound with?  Was it water
based?>>

Doug;
 I used Behlens "Master" series, dye stain, I believe it is thinner based.

<<"<<whether the joint compound as a wood filler needs additional coats
of finish to protect it from damage (as I don' t think it dries as hard
as other wood fillers)">>

  Well I only used it to fill grain and not to fill any "holes/gouges" so I
don't think that strength is a consideration...I could be wrong though.
Perhaps it might be subject to 'bumping' out if the finish is struck
hard....I'll try that and let y'all know.
Jim Bryant (FL)