CFS - trivia? more

Mon, 02 Nov 1998 05:10:56 -0600

Jim Sr.,

Thanks for your great post regarding the history of CFS the man and the
piano.  It definitly is a "keeper" in my "history" mailbox.

>Yes, Charles Fredrich Stein did make his own pianos.
 He had an idea that people (technicians) could buy all the parts from
Pratt Read and build their own console pianos.

One of the first pianos I ever tuned must have been one of those. It did
look "home-made".

Kinda made me think of a King Midget car, maybe CFS is where they got the
idea.

Conrad

Conrad Hoffsommer 	hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College		(319)-387-1204
Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045

Music - Communication that exposes us to the work of great minds that were
dissatisfied by the limits of the spoken language - Martin Tolchin