Radiant Heat

Carl Root rootfamily@erols.com
Sun, 01 Nov 1998 09:48:50 -0400

Hi Jeannie,

You wrote:
> I have this type of heat in my house many of my customers do also.
(snip)
> It works will in this temperate climate, but I don't know
> what it would be like in a really cold winter.
> Pianos I service with this type of heat do quite well.

I have a good test case here in DC, which of course sees more humidty
swings than the Pacific NW, but isn't as bad as the NE or the northern
midwest.  An architect designed and built a small addition with radiant
heat and moved their Acrosonic into the room.  The tuning stability was
far worse, so they moved it back into the 'main' house.  It fared much
better, but they liked the other location, so back it went.

A heavy rug with a pad helps a little.

Carl Root, RPT