Van, Cars As Tools

DaleP34429@aol.com DaleP34429@aol.com
Sun, 31 May 1998 11:29:54 EDT

In a message dated 5/31/98 9:05:42 AM EST, diskladame@provide.net writes:

<< Perhaps I am making this up, but I swear my customers started taking me and
 my work more seriously when I turned up in the Camry instead of the clunker
 I had been driving.  Now it is obvious that it is not so new, but what is
 also obvious is that it is well-maintained.  It is a tool, just like my
 other tools, all of which are kept clean and functional.  They can see for
 themselves that my tools must work first time every time if I am to get the
 clean [ideal] results with a minimum of fuss.  In the case of the car, it
 has to get me to where I am going as planned.>>

I had the same experience. The service vehicle is part of the crucial first
impression that most customers make.  Others are telephone manners, personal
appearance and attitude, and, last but not least, tools and organization.
Under the section tools I include business tools as well as tech tools. More
on this in Providence in the "Pricing Piano Service" class as well as classes
by Jim Harvey and

<>

I would like to hear more.  I have found your previous analogies useful, hope
you don't mind me stealing some of them!

Regards,

Dale Probst
Registered Piano Technician
Ward & Probst, Inc.