pitch lowering and rasing - tools and techniques

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Sun, 31 May 1998 10:37:49 -0400

This is what I call the Minimalist Brute-Force Pitch Correction technique.
"Minimalist" because of the absence of strips or mutes.  "Brute-Force" for
the amount of *correction* necessary and hopefully accomplished in a very
short period of time.

Actually, I've done this with just one mute through the tri-chords.

One problem I have found, particularly in massive pitch raises, is the
tendency to go overly sharp through treble sections as a result of trying
to guess the overpull necessary together with the drift of the
already-dealt-with strings in the previous octaves.

Z! Reinhardt RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net

> From: Carl Root <rootfamily@erols.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: pitch lowering and rasing - tools and techniques
> Date: Sunday, May 31, 1998 8:21 AM

  For large changes, us no mutes, no strip.  Tune one string