Kawai RX6

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Sat, 30 May 1998 15:39:20 -0600

At 10:29 PM 5/28/98 -0600, you wrote:
>List, have any of you worked on a Kawai RX6?  What do you think of that
>piano? After opinions as our church is considering the purchase of one.
>Thanks in advance
>

>    John Fortiner

John, List,
	With all due respect to Don M and the fine folks at Kawai, I was kinda
disappointed with the one I had to service. I expected a much more solid
bass, and better clarity in the upper tenor through the treble. Mind you,
it was just one, and may have been a poor example. It had a rather serious
problem with the angle of the bass wires between the aggraffes and the
tuning pins. Some of the wires almost "floated" through the aggraffes! Like
most pianos of that origin, major voicing was going to be in order after
break-in. I've never been real impressed with the durability of Kawai in an
institutional setting. For the money, I'd buy a used Baldwin or Steinway
over a new Kawai. JUST MY OPINION!

Guy Nichols, RPT, with lots of institutional Kawais on my list.