CA pinblock tightening

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Fri, 29 May 1998 12:42:09 -0500

Use thin.  I'm not sure that brand matters much.  I use Jet.  You could put
the piano on it's back with a tilter, but I usually just put drops on the
top of each pin, trying not to get any on the coils.  You will probably use
1-2 oz.  I put as much as I can without it running down the plate.  By the
time you're thru with the treble, the bass is snug.  I would wait 15-30
minutes to tune though.  This has really worked well for me and I do it
with a clear conscience under the right circumstances only.

Regards,

Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
Covington, LA.