CA pinblock tightening

Tim Keenan & Rebecca Counts tkeenan@kermode.net
Thu, 28 May 1998 18:21:44 -0700

Well, I just looked at a piano today that I think is the perfect
candidate.  1914 LeSage upright.  There's no money for a good piano, and
the present one has generally loose pins with a few that will turn under
the weight of the tuning hammer.  I haven't done the procedure before,
and I would appreciate any advice from those who have done such repairs
successfully.  I would particularly appreciate realistic time estimates
and any helpful tips on technique, or favo(u)rite brands/viscosities
(especially on brands available in Canada).

If you feel the list has seen all it needs of the topic, please post
privately.  All advice gratefully accepted.

Thanx

Tim Keenan
Terrace, BC