..Conn Strobe Tuner..

Gregory Torres Tunapiana@adisfwb.com
Thu, 28 May 1998 17:16:59 -0500

Phil,

There were many different models, but basically, it should have a knob
with the 12 tones of the scale and another knob with a fine tuning
adjustment for calibration to whatever pitch you want to set the
reference to. When you play a note if it is in the ballpark the black
squares on the display will stop moving or move to the left if flat and
to the right if sharp.

It is not a great tool for tuning pianos as there is no (easy) way to
allow for inharmonicity and stretch. But you could use it in the shop for
maybe chipping a restrung piano to pitch or as a tuning reference for
band instruments, which I believe it was originally designed for anyway.

The other option is to use it for a boat anchor like Guy & Karen
suggested...just kidding of course!

Regards,
Greg Torres

P.S. Maybe as a "perfect pitch" checker??  ;-)