pitch lowering

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Wed, 27 May 1998 16:58:48 -0400

Rob:

Here in the Lancaster, PA, area, I am finding the same thing on pianos I
tuned last May.  80% or so are sharp, usually 5-10 cents.  I attribute
it to the mild winter and wet spring.  I jump on the bandwagon and call
it the El Nino effect!  (I haven't learned yet how to put the Spanish
"squiggle" on the "n" with the computer!)

Clyde Hollinger, RPT
Lititz, PA

Rob Stuart-Vail wrote:

> List,
>
> Pitch lowering is something we don't specialize in, here in the northeast,
> but I am running into a whole bunch of pianos that require it.
>
> While I wouldn't balk at leaving a piano 10 cents high in the middle of the
> summer,  I'm finding some of them that much sharp and more,  already.  No
> doubt the mild winters and damp spring weather are responsible for this.

(snip)