Janssen info needed.

Gregory Torres Tunapiana@adisfwb.com
Wed, 27 May 1998 12:11:48 -0500

Richard,

This is what I would do. Let down the tension, pour marine epoxy into
the cracks &
use higher grade bolts to pull everything together. You can drill some
additional
holes all the way through and add a few more bolts. If memory serves me
there
weren't many screws or bolts there to begin with in the Janssen consoles
and
spinets I have seen. Also, you can put the bolts in from the front and
use big
washers on the back side (to help from crushing and splintering the
wood) and
tighten everything down. Then cut off any excess with a Dremel tool and
cut-off
wheel. It will look better than having them in the front. Marine epoxy
is a good
choice as you can pour it into the cracks and have enough time to pull
everything
together before it sets up. You can get it just about anywhere (Home
Depot, Ace
Hardware, etc.).

Hope this helps.

Regards,