inharmonicity and intervals calculation

Alexander Galembo galembo@psyc.queensu.ca
Wed, 27 May 1998 10:18:52 -0400

Dear list members,

I would like to ask for information.

Since I was extensively worked in my research projects with synthesis and
analysis of inharmonic tones, I have created, about a year ago, several
interactive sites in my web page for to calculate easily Hertz to cents,
inharmonic partial frequencies, equally tempered intervals in scales with
stretched/compressed octaves, etc.

I have an idea to organize together and to open these sites now - for my
colleagues scientists and for everybody who wants to use them.

I want to evaluate the quality of my sites before to open them,
particularly to compare them with other similar sites, which may exist. I
wonder whether anybody knows any sites in Internet which allow, e.g.

- To find the interval in cents or semitones, knowing the frequency ratio,
and vice versa
- to find the frequency of the particular partial in inharmonic spectrum;
- to find an inharmonicity coefficient value knowing frequencies of two
partials

... etc.

If you met any active web sites like this, please let me know about them,
then I will be able to make my "calculators" more convenient to use before
opening them.

Best wishes,

Alex

Alexander Galembo, Ph. D.
NATO Science fellow
Acoustics lab, Dept. of Psychology, Queen's University
Kingston ON  K7L3N6
Canada

Tel. (613) 5456000, ext. 5754
Fax (613) 5452499
E-mail: galembo@pavlov.psyc.queensu.ca
URL   :  http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/8779/

=====

"There are two kinds of pianists in our world:
Those who are great pianists and play music,
and those who are good musicians and play
the piano"

"The difference between theory and practice is that,
in theory, there's no difference between theory and practice,
but, in practice, there is."