Hallet-Davis Grand

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Tue, 26 May 1998 12:39:06 +0000

List,

I have a comrade not on the List who has a Hallet-Davis Grand,
#30846, built in 1885, in his shop.  It has agraffes on the
bridge and pinblock side of plate. The odd thing is the
tenor agraffes on the bridge have alternating high and low
holes, i.e. holes on agraffe are near the top of the agraffe and
the next agraffe will have the holes at the bottom of the
agraffe.  The treble bridge agraffes are straight across in the
middle of agraffe.  We thought this was odd.  Any comments as to
that aspect of the design.  I guess by the time the wire got to
the hammers they must have been the same level?  The agraffes at
the pinblock side were all straight across at one level.

Thanks for any input...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA
ilvey@a.crl.com