poll

Pianosrv Pianosrv@aol.com
Fri, 22 May 1998 23:23:33 EDT

List,

My training so far :
1 year of five classes per week, (6 to 8 hours pr day) Manhattan School of
Music circa 1978-79.  training from 6 instructors.  2 from S&S.  Heavy
emphasis was
put on aural tuning and development of good hammer technique.  Introductary
type classes in, repairs, regulating/voicing, stringing, dampers, etc.

Continued to work at MSM for one year,
1980 went on the road with Rock and Roll band Franke & Knockouts (RCA)
1984 turned down opportunities to work with "Bon Jovi""Foreigner" etc etc
,, came home started working as assistant tuner at Vassar College
1985 accepted a tuning contract for  S,U,N,Y, College at New Paltz NY

Since 85  I'm happy to have been earning an honest living by tuning/repairing
around 800 pianos anually .  Now after much continued self training and hard
knocks experience I finally do a bit of succesful regulating/voicing.

I work and lurk,  and yearn to learn more.

Tom Ayers  I.P.T.
S,U,N,Y,  College at New Paltz  NY
Pianosrv@aol.com