Grand Rolers "knuckles"

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Fri, 22 May 1998 21:09:03

Hi Don,
        I've had a great deal of success with a thick darning neddle, it
slips between the felt and skin a little easier, if you kind of twirl the
neddle it slips very nicely between the two surfaces. Liberally dose the
core felt with 50% rubbing alcohol and water and it will puff up the core
felt a little and make a big difference on the noise factor.
  Just another spin on the subject.
Regards Roger

>Sometimes noisy knuckles can be made quieter by stretching the skin a
>little (a fine screwdriver between the skin and the core works), and
>freeing it up from the core. This will probably be temporary, though,
>unless the skin is thick and spongy.

Roger Jolly
Balwin Yamaha Piano Centres.
Saskatoon/Regina.