Wire size for Yamaha M1J -Reply -Reply

Steve Pearson SPearson@yamaha.com
Fri, 22 May 1998 09:50:07 -0700

You're welcome, Bill/  The music shelf felt, or skin, is available.  the
brown leather one, probably more durable, is available from YAMAHA.
You should be able to remove the old one easily with vinegar and water
solution or wallpaper remover ("Dif" is what I use).  The part number for
the leather one is T6004570.  Black leather is T6004560.  I mention this,
because the brown is out of stock, so if time is a big deal,..Call Yamaha
parts 800/926-2424.  Be sure you let them know you are a tech and have
some form of plastic ready if you do not have an account number.
Steve

>>> Maxpiano <Maxpiano@aol.com> 05/20/98 08:04pm >>>
Steve -

Thanks for your prompt reply.  Note 51 it is.

While I am writing, let me ask you another Yamaha question:  I need a
replacement for the strip of material (felt?) that the music sits on, on a G2
walnut.  Other pianos I have worked on have leather here, but this one (a
teacher's piano) appears to be felt, and it is worn through.  Can you give
me
the part number or description for ordering?

Assuming I can order the material from Yamaha, how do I remove the old
material?  What glue was used?

Bill Maxim, RPT
Simpsonville, SC

<<
 #16 should do it.  Every M1 or M2 uses #16 for that note. This assumes it
 is B4 counting the lowest B as B0, or note 51.  Note 39 would be #17
 wire.
 Steve