technician posting

Jeanne Conners connerja@muohio.edu
Fri, 22 May 1998 10:28:37 -0400

Please post the following ad to the pianotech list for the following position:

JOB POSTING:  PIANO TECHNICIAN, full-time staff position beginning July 1,
1998, Miami University, Oxford, OH. Require Bachelor's degree and
certification from an accredited piano technology program plus five years
experience as a technician. Desire concert tuning experience and
registration as a piano technician in the Piano Technicians Guild.
Responsibilities include providing maintenance and inventory control of
approximately 100 pianos, including nine concert grands and two
harpsichords. Duties include tuning, voicing, action regulation and repair;
supervision and scheduling of all university-owned keyboard instruments,
including preparation for frequent performances by guest artists of the
highest international stature and maintaining a small number of instruments
on two regional campuses. Major rebuilding and refinishing of pianos need
not, but can be part of the duties for this position. Screening begins June
10. Letter of application should address the candidate's general
qualifications and be accompanied by a detailed vita, three letters of
reference, and other appropriate credentials. Send to:  Dr. Pamela Fox,
Chair, Department of Music, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056

If you have any questions or problems with the above ad, please call me. I
would also appreciate a reply to let me know if I did this correctly!

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Jeanne Conners
Administrative Assistant