pianotech-digest V1997 #822 -Reply

Mark Wisner MWisner@yamaha.com
Thu, 21 May 1998 14:30:06 -0700

"I would be very interested in a poll taken directly from
this list,
including the factory technicians that sometimes
contribute information, to
learn how the majority learned their craft. It could prove to
be very
revealing. I'll begin with myself and let others add their
source(s) for
learning".

Sure, I'll kick in
Grad Western Iowa Tech. (Piano Technology) 1973, age 18.
Worked for a retail piano store in So Cal 1973-1976
Worked as "road tech" for various artists 1976-1979
Ran own piano service business (or it ran me!) 1979-1986
Came to work at Yamaha, in the Piano Service Dept in
1986, and still here.
Mark Wisner
Yamaha