Poll (Re: Master Piano Tuner)

Bill Ballard yardbird@sover.net
Thu, 21 May 1998 00:01:50 -0400

On Wed, 20 May, "Ralph Martin" <rmartinjr@email.msn.com> wrote:
>I would be very interested in a poll taken directly from this list,
>including the factory technicians that sometimes contribute information, to
>learn how the majority learned their craft. It could prove to be very
>revealing. I'll begin with myself and let others add their source(s) for
>learning.
>
>How about the rest of you folk?

Graduated from North Bennet Street Industrial School's 5-1/2 month
PTechnology class, at that time a very rudimentary introduction.  From
there headed into self emplyment, and the learning continued, from guild
members and meetings, and not the least, the pianos themselves.

It would have been a lonely and baffling trip without the PTG. My early
heroes (in chronological order): Bill Garlick, Steve Jellen, Wil Snyder,
LaRoy Edwards and Cliff Geers.

Bill Ballard, RPT
New Hampshire Chapter, PTG

"No one builds the *perfect* piano, you can only remove the obstacles to
that perfection during the building."    ...........LaRoy Edwards