Pulsating string

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Wed, 20 May 1998 12:02:18 +0000

Hi Arlie,
   Since there are no termination problems,  I suspect a defective
string.  Since replacing it might not solve the problem, consult with
the customer as to whether they are willing to pay for labor and return
visit(s).  In my experience such sounds are often due to wire with
excessive twists from poor stringing techniques or once having been
pulled beyond elastic limits. Scaling problems often manifest as
unclarity just above the break, but this is less likely here because the
problem is confined to one string.
-Mike Jorgensen RPT