pianotech-digest V1997 #789

DGPEAKE DGPEAKE@aol.com
Tue, 19 May 1998 20:24:07 EDT

<<
 I have done an entire treble section with buckskin on an upright piano.

 Supertone(d) the buckskins, then filed, fitted, & voiced to blend with the
 rest of the piano.  Turned out just great.  That's one customer that won't
 have any reason to buy new hammers.

If you have to do a whole section, why not replace the hammers?  How much time
does it take to buckskin one hammer?  How much time does it take to hang one
hammer?

4 or 5 hammers maybe, to save the customer money, and hopefully a full set
later.

Dave Peake, RPT

P.S. BTW, AOL did an upgrade and I could not download my email for a few days
and now have to play catch up. Time for a change.