Web page translation

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Mon, 18 May 1998 15:57:57

Hi, Avery

"Wings and pianos" is simple enough: "fluegel" in German means grand piano,
and it is called that because the open lid reminds them of a wing. "Piano"
in Germany is an upright. However, the next sentence is far too industrious
even for Germans! I assume that "away industry" and "industry away"
possibly means export/import. Anybody care to guess at the whole sentence?
Might we see it in German, just to cheat?

Susan

P.S. Yes, it is fun!
Avery wrote:
>   What's fun is putting a paragraph or something in English there. Translate
>it into whatever language. Then copy that translation, paste it back there
>and have it re-translated into English. Talk about strange.
>
>Avery
>
>>>   I can't provide you with any info but if you want to try this, go to:
>>>http://babelfish.altavista.digital.com/cgi-bin/translate? and type
>>>Schimmel's URL:  http://www.pianos.de/schimmel/index.html into the box
>>>provided, select German to English and it will take you to Schimmel's page
>>>with an English translation. Bear in mind, almost any translation into
>>>English gives you some strange syntax sometimes, but it should be good
>>>enough for you to understand what they're saying.
>>
>>Well, I'm not so sure about that.  B-})   For example:
>>
>>"The joy in the music is important to us."
>>
>>That part is fairly clear, but it continues...
>>
>>"That was always like that, because not in vain our customers have us to
>>prominent manufacturer made by wings and pianos, from one in
>>Germany produced family business of the away industryindustry away industry
>>come." (from the "translated" Schimmel page)
>>
>>How's that again? I was almost with them until "away in industryindustry
>>away industry come." Is that the literal English for "Pianoforteindustrie
>>stammen"?  What a wonderful language!
>>
>>>Hope this helps a little. Something different, anyway. :-)
>>
>>I'll say! If nothing else it was fun. <g>
>>
>>		John
>>

>>John Musselwhite, RPT  - Calgary, Alberta Canada
>>musselj@cadvision.com - http://www.cadvision.com/musselj/
>

>___________________________
>Avery Todd, RPT
>Moores School of Music
>University of Houston
>Houston, TX 77204-4893
>713-743-3226
>atodd@uh.edu
>http://www.music.uh.edu/
>
>MUSIC DEFINITIONS:
>   Accidentals : the wrong notes.

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"I'm glad there are at least some things somewhere that I don't have to do
today."
		-- Ashleigh Brilliant